Dave Henderson, Executive Creative Director at DLKW Lowe, has been appointed as Chairman of Judges for the 2014 IPA Best of Health Awards, which are regarded as the top creative healthcare advertising awards. He will be supported by Convenor of Judges Brett O’Connor, Creative Director, VCCP Health.
They will oversee the judging panel of leading industry experts, including:
- Ed Bones, Creative Director, Learner Adams Bones
- Oliver Caporn, Creative Director, CDM
- Manu Croissier, Executive Creative Director, HC BCN
- Dick Dunford, Creative Partner, Loooped
- David Gilchrist, Deputy Creative Director, TBWA/Paling Walters
- June Laffey, Executive Creative Director, Mccann Health Sydney
- Eduard Llena Portell, Creative Director, Saatchi & Saatchi Health
- Arron O’Hare, Creative Director, Pan
- Rob Sampson, Deputy Creative Director, Ogilvy Healthworld
- Andrew Spurgeon, Creative Director, Langland
- Frank Walters, Executive Creative Director and Chairman, Frontera Group
- Tara West, Creative Director, Genesis Advertising
Says Brett O’Connor: “Having judged the IPA Best of Health Awards over a number of years now, it’s a great honour to have been asked to be this year’s Convenor of Judges. In our heavily regulated sector, it’s great to see the standard of work increase in creativity year on year and I’m really looking forward to seeing the latest innovative thinking. We have put together a great team of judges from around the world and we’re looking forward to seeing and discussing what the creative health world has to offer in 2014.”
The 2014 IPA Best of Health Awards Scheme, is now open for entries until 28th March 2014, via the online entry system at www.ipabestofhealthawards.co.
Categories will cover print, film, DM and digital, as well as multi-channel campaigns. New to 2014, we introduce the ‘Rising Star’ category to reward up-and-coming employees for their achievements. The winner of this award will have demonstrated excellence in creativity, innovation and resilience.
The Awards, now in their 19th year, reward creative communications aimed at healthcare professionals or healthcare messages to consumers.
Last year Langland was awarded ‘Best of Show’ for advertising to healthcare professionals for its ‘True Cost’ press campaign, advertising the drug Sativex for Bayer. The campaign powerfully depicted MS patients needing assistance to complete tasks. McCann Health China was awarded ‘Best of Show’ for advertising to consumers: ‘Blood Can Do More’ for the Shanghai Blood Administration Office. The winning campaign used print, social, experiential and interactive activities to encourage blood donations and successfully communicated that giving blood represents more than saving lives.
Further details about the 2014 Ceremony will be announced shortly watch this space.